Title: SOC Analyst
Type: Fulltime perm opportunity
Location: New York, NY
SOC, Information security
“US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time”.
• Monitor security events and identify potential incidents across the organization environments (Corporate, Production, Development)
• Review alerts, assess risks and prioritize incident investigation efforts
• Develop security tools and integrations to automate security operation processes
• Interface with technical and business units to identify the source of the incidents and the appropriate resolution.
• Identify “lessons learned” together with other organizational teams
• Investigate security incidents. Produce accurate and timely reports on Information Security incidents so that mitigation measures can be effectively decided and implemented
• Assist technical teams in gathering incident evidence and remediating issues
• Operate and Tune security consoles configuration
• Conduct forensic analysis as required during the investigation of incidents
• Support the fraud investigation teams on their incident investigations
• Respond to critical incidents on a 24x7 basis
The role requires a team player with strong technical foundations, hands-on information security skills, attention to detail and great problem-solving skills.
• At least two years’ experience in a similar Information Security position
• Experience developing security tools and open-source projects
• Attention to detail and great problem-solving skills
• Outstanding knowledge of the technical foundations behind networking, operating systems and applications
• Web technologies
• Other networking protocols
• Good understanding of Information Security processes and theory
• Vulnerability research and exploitation skills
• Good communication skills and customer-facing experience
• Experience in the following areas:
• Vulnerability management
• Risk management
• Traffic and packet analysis
• Security Certification (GIAC, OSCP, etc.) or similar qualification
• Experience configuring and maintaining SIEM tools
• Experience in creation of log correlation and incident detection rules
• Experience managing security consoles and log correlation solutions
• Online Gaming security experience
• Experience in forensic analysis
• Experience in security assessments
• Experience securing Microsoft protocols
• Regulatory and industry standards work: ISO27001, PCI-DSS, etc.
Other relevant professional qualifications will be considered, although not a requirement, e.g., CISA, CISM, CISSP, GIAC, etc.