Job Title: Software Architect
Location: Las Vegas, NV 89119
Perm (FTE) role
About the Role
- This role is responsible for the development function in multi-discipline agile/SCRUM teams.
- The incumbent must thoroughly understand new product features and be responsible for new feature development and incident resolution.
- Analyze product/business requirements and translate it into well-designed and documented software components based on technical knowledge.
- Design, develop and test software product.
- Actively participate in discussion with customer’s product management and technical teams.
- Understand frameworks, technologies and standards for development and implementation of software products.
- Exhibit and establish a culture of quality software development.
- Work with technical/project leads in planning with proper prioritization and estimates.
- Contribute to design and development with limited support.
- Develop new features, debug/troubleshoot and fix operational incidents.
- Adhere to Engineering practices and the guidelines established.
- Unit test and automate the developed code before opening it to QA.
- Take part in all SCRUM ceremonies.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in object-oriented software design and development.
- Working knowledge and experience with web-based applications, web services, WSDL, SOAP.
- Data structures and algorithms; understanding of design patterns.
- Proficiency in Software Configuration tools (GIT / Subversion).
- Hands on experience in Software test lifecycle and defect tracking tools.
- Experience on client terminal software integrated with third party SDK interacting with different hardware (terminal printers/displays, boards/kiosks).
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Must be organized with an eye for detail and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.
- Expertise on developing highly integrated, high performing and large scale applications.
- Expert level fluency with modern and advanced Windows-based application technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Proven creative problem-solving ability and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive and delivery focused working attitude.