This opportunity sits within a global management consulting firm who is
the world’s leading advisor on business strategy for companies within the
private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their
highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and
transform their enterprises.
The Software Architect will be heavily involved in driving next generational development of software products, likely collaborating in successful multi-million dollar, multi-year investments. This role will be at the center of development efforts, overseeing application architecture and database design, and ensuring application security, flexibility, scalability, and performance. Key activities will include defining the interaction between application modules, layers, and middleware systems; as well as to communicate design choices and coding standards to third party vendors
- Defines application architecture as a mean to achieve the business' security, flexibility, scalability, and performance goals; and makes sure that, over time and through the architecture's evolution, all stakeholders requirements can be met
- Documents and communicates the architecture to the development team, third party vendors (as required), and all stakeholders (to the detail appropriate to the audience)
- Ensures code development follows the architecture blue print and established coding standards
- Proposes modeling and proofs-of-concept as required
- Ensures the architecture is optimal not only for development, but also for operations, deployment, and continuous enhancements
- When confronted with technical challenges, must find creative, economical, and elegant software engineering solutions
- Identifies risks and proposes risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture
- Mentors and directs other, more junior members of the team.
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned or required.
- Moderate amount of traveling – dependent on project requirements.
- BS/BA Degree in software engineering, computer science, mathematics or related field; Advanced Degree Preferred
- Minimum 10 years experience in software tools architecture and development
- Excellent knowledge in the following fields, technologies, and tools:
- Different software development models and life cycle
- Application architecture
- Relational database design
- MS SQL Server
- Web development (ASP, .NET / MS Visual Studio, HTML, XML)
- Proven track record building cloud-based (AWS, Azure, Azure PaaS), scalable solutions
- UX/UI development with experience in at least some of the following technologies:
- D3, Raphael Js, Create JS, ThreeJS, jQuery, SVG
- Backbone, Angular JS
- Desirable (but not required) additional knowledge:
- Hadoop ecosystem technologies: HDFS, NFS, Map/Reduce, Spark, Impala, Hive, Pig, Hue, Flume, Kafka, Oozie
- AWS EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, VPC, Redshift/EMR
- Hierarchical databases, NoSQL databases
If you are qualified please reach out to Sarah Lavelle at Sarah.Lavelle@harveynashusa.com.