Software Dev Manager
We are a leading developer and marketer of proprietary enterprise software, services and solutions to the hospitality industry. We specialize in market-leading point-of-sale, property management, inventory and procurement, workforce management, analytics, document management, and mobile and wireless solutions that are designed to streamline operations, improve efficiency and enhance the guest experience.
You will collaborate as a key stakeholder in the definition, creation, and delivery of our solutions. You will be responsible for designing and developing Web Services, Micro Services and Integration points that enable incremental delivery of powerful cloud-based and on-premise customer solutions. The ideal candidate is comfortable in an agile environment and loves working closely across the team so that testing is seamlessly integrated into our overall development process.
- Influence the direction of our product solutions and architecture by contributing ideas regularly.
- Define technical scope and objectives through research and participation in requirements gathering and definition of processes.
- Set and monitor expectations and metrics on software quality, reliability, resilience, performance, and scalability.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure timely product delivery.
- Guide direct reports in their professional development and growth
Who we are looking for:
- Proficient in system design and architecture, particularly with service-oriented architectures, performance, and scalability.
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
- Expert knowledge of current web technologies, standards, and UI design.
- Having many “been there, done that” stories related to shipping and maintaining major software products for customers.
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices — requirement gathering and analysis, designing and developing secure and scalable code with unit tests, partake in code reviews, and documentation.
- 5-10 years professional experience in full-lifecycle software development.
- 5-10 years professional experience leading a team of software developers in an agile setting.
- History of working in a fast paced, evolving, growing and dynamic environment
Extra bonus points if you:
- Have practical experience developing code for specialized loT devices.
- Have worked “full stack” to create a client-server application.
- Some experience with noSQL - exposure to MongoDB preferred.
- Some experience with deployment automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Some experience working closely with distributed development teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in formal and informal teams with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Motivated to accomplish as much as possible by:
- Improving workflows and processes instead of setting a precedent of working additional hours to accomplish unrealistic goals
- Mentoring less-experienced developers with advice on how to create reusable components and follow lasting patterns
- Follow agile practices and suggest workflow refactoring as necessary
- A 401k with matching of your contribution
- 19 days paid time off + 8 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision insurance for you and your family
- Flex Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement