Position: SDE - JS/gaming
We believe all children can excel at learning, no matter where they start, where they live, or who they are. Along with district administrators, teachers, principals, and parents, we are dedicated to helping children realize their potential. Yet every child must be challenged, encouraged, and engaged in an individual way.
That’s why we developed our revolutionary technology, and combined it with a rigorous curriculum and an engaging game-like environment, to change the learning paradigm. If you are interested in learning more, take a look at this recent efficacy article published by Business Wire.
About the Role:
Our Interactive Software Development Engineers create and implement interactive software for students to experience on desktops and tablets. We are seeking to add a new senior member to the team; someone with a strong desire to grow with the company and improve the lives of children and learning guardians.
We are an Agile shop, and our team is made up of a diverse group of self-motivated, passionate, and adaptive software engineers. A typical day in this position involves working with engineers, artists, QA testers, UI/UX designers, and teachers, to create, deliver and support high-quality interactive software. You will be designing and building components to provide a rich and engaging experience for students to explore and master mathematical concepts.
We are seeking someone with a passion for learning, not afraid of challenges, and a knack for solving hard problems, who aspires to be a thought leader amongst their peers. We are changing the lives of students, teachers, and families with our software, and you will play a critical role in expanding and supporting the content and platform that are at the heart of our product offering.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Create content for our Learning experience
- Help us improve our software platform
- Operate in a collaborative development environment
- Deliver quality work to meet our deadlines
- Support and maintain released software
You have worked in gaming or another interactive media format, and you are looking to transition into a role where you can help children reach their full potential. For you, web development is not just a layout of forms and buttons, it is a playground for pushing browser limitations and creating innovative spaces. You know how to optimize memory usage, you can maximize frame rates on low spec devices, and you understand tween calculations. Object-oriented programming comes second nature to you, and you can intimately discuss the pros and cons of it and your preferred software design patterns.
You are a problem solver who enthusiastically tackles the unknown with an ability to pour yourself into research and experimentation. You have a vision when speaking about technology and you want to leverage your expertise to educate others. You foster passion for quality work in your teammates by leading with your example. You are motivated by collaborating with a diverse team to deliver impactful software.
- 3-5 years of professional programming experience
- Recent and extensive working knowledge in designing and implementing highly interactive software
- Extensive knowledge in at least one high-level programming language
- Experience implementing designs for a user experience across desktop and tablet devices
- Experience with client-server technologies
- Solid understanding of the DOM, HTTP, Canvas, and writing and cross-browser web applications
- Front-end debugging experience using tools such as IntelliJ, Charles Web Proxy, Firebug, and Chrome developer tools
- Solid number sense and strong math skills
- Self-motivated and passionate about software engineering and technology