Software Developer I
CA, South San Francisco
Software Developer I
Duties: Passionate about building software solutions and enjoy driving features from concept to production, acting as both a developer, technical facilitator, and evangelist, and have a passion for connecting with our mission to help transform patients' lives.
- This Software Developer will be supporting the GCP Cloud SQL-based Database repository so a strong SQL experience is required.
- Work as an IT professional to Analyze, design, code / configure and test a solution that meets business and technical requirements
- Experience in developing, optimizing pipelines adhering to quality and completeness of data
- Understand business drivers and process to write software that is used by others and enjoy sharing what you know in a way that you can move on to another interesting project and there are no surprises for the team
- Enjoy whiteboarding the future, collaborating, learning from or teaching others so we can all become better developers
- Curious, interested in developing skills and ready to adapt to the new technologies
- Translate business requirements into maintainable software components and understand impact (technical and business)
- Adhere to high quality software development lifecycle (e.g., Agile, Waterfall)
- Support solutions through monitoring, response to service problems, defect resolution, configuring software, root cause analysis and preventive actions
- Participate in service capacity planning and software performance analysis, tuning
- Contribute, review and influence on-going design, architecture, integration (e.g. API) standards and methodology for software development
- Apply current technology, tools and techniques according to established standard practices
- Development of operating procedures and training of support organizations
- Provide work estimates, identify risks and dependencies for new systems, implementation plans for enhancements, defect fixes
- You have solid development skills, have had direct exposure to Google Cloud Database services, Postgres SQL, Docker, Django, Data Modelling, Plotly, Database tuning as well as exposure to web technologies and development tools (React, Node.js) and languages such as Python, Java, C#.
- Strong experience in developing and supporting data warehousing and analytics solutions.
- Have been an active member of software engineering teams (SCRUM preferred)
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Have experience collaborating cross-functionally on small to large and complex efforts Biotech experience preferred
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field Skills and Experience:
ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS
Minimum Degree Required: