Location: Moonachie, NJ,
The position plays a key vital role in developing solutions for mission critical customer-facing systems. As part of a highly collaborative team, the role will interact with many technical and business resources across the enterprise. The ideal candidate is a committed, creative, self-motivated technologist who is interested in practicing his or her skills and learning new ones.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new and maintain existing solutions
- Refactor implementations to reduce complexity
- Maintain, configure and improve integration with COTS platforms
- Troubleshoot and fix problems and provide root cause analysis in a timely manner
- Provide 24x7 on-call support, after hours and weekend work as needed
- Complete other tasks as required
Experience, Education and Skills
- 5+ years in any software development role
- 3+ years of LAMP, .NET platform and MVC experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent industry experience
- Programming and scripting in multiple languages: PHP, C#, SQL etc.
- LAMP platform knowledge: MVC, Zend, ODBC integration, SSO integration etc.
- .NET platform knowledge: web services, SSO, entity framework, web frameworks etc.
- Web service and other API concepts: SOAP, OData, REST etc.
- SDLC and agile methodologies: TFS, Git, SCRUM etc.
- System and networking fundamentals
- Exhibit and practice courteous, ethical and professional behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers
- Act in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on common goals to achieve mutually beneficial results
- Be accountable and responsible for the accuracy and completeness of assigned work and results
- Prioritize and manage work load and communicate issues clearly
- Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills
- Comply with all laws, regulations and company policies
- Travel when required