At over 10 million unique visitors a month, individuals use our platform to seek advice and get connected to professionals around the U.S. Our Software Developers are the backbone of the organization, providing real-time value to users by consistently and rapidly shipping high-quality tests and features to our site and app. This person would collaborate daily with a team of other Software Developers and other product-focused contributors.
Our engineering team, known for having a “test fast, learn fast” customer-oriented environment is growing quickly, and with that growth comes lots of opportunity for advancement and the ability to have significant impact on the organization. If this opportunity sounds like a challenge you’re ready to tackle, come help us build a more rich and delightful experience for millions of consumers.
You might be a good fit if you...
- Have a strong desire to use your technical and leadership skills to solve customer problems.
- Create and drive innovative solutions without over-engineering.
- High-level command of a major programming language.
- Have experience working on a web application or other complex multi-server, multi-service system, providing scalable and secure solutions.
- Familiarity with a major cloud platform (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.).
- Have a sense of responsibility for sharing in the monitoring and maintenance of a production environment.
- Are accomplished at sharing knowledge, owning large projects, or providing technical leadership on an agile sprint team and across an organization.
- Get excited by learning new data, technologies or hypotheses and applying them to give your customers a better experience.
- Communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right outcomes for your team and our users, with minimal guidance from supervisors.
- You take time to listen to others and understand their meaning before replying.