Software Engineer - Backend
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design, implement and deploy backend systems and tools to support machine learning workflows. Follow best practices and processes of code quality standards.
- Own technical components/features. Participate in code reviews and design discussions.
- Understand team’s goals, priorities and customer requirements. Effectively collaborate with team members to deliver results as a group.
- Start conducting technical interviews following well-calibrated standards. Help on-board and mentor junior engineers and/or interns.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Experience building backend systems in service-oriented architectures.
- Experience working with relational databases or big data systems
- Expertise with tools, systems and processes required to accomplish the job
- Passionate about technology and its potential impact on the world
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, or equivalent real-world experience
- 1+ years of industry experience
- Experience in scalable data processing and warehousing systems, such as: Spark, BigQuery/Bigtable, Dataflow (Google Cloud), etc.
- Experience with popular deep learning frameworks, such as: Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge and experience with machine learning algorithms.
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner