Software Engineer - C#/Java/Python
The goal of the Visual Intelligence team is to use machine learning and computer vision to extract metadata from the images. This metadata will be used to assist the customers to complete their intents, and to provide the most relevant and personalized set of results for these.
Your job is to work with the data science team to productionize machine learning models and scale them to apply the model over our entire collection of millions of images. The metadata from these models will be stored and used to deliver more relevant search results to our customers. We work closely with the search team to integrate new metadata into the search ecosystem.
We move the world with our imagery, and we want your help to identify search relevancy challenges and opportunities based on real search sessions, come up with ideas for algorithmic solutions, and experiment.
- Take complete ownership over design and implementation our search applications
- Deliver high quality, high value solutions to our customers through strong innovation, operation, analytics, and communication
- Evolve and improve our search infrastructure and application code base that supports search
- Collaborate and innovate with Product, Design, Data Science and Platform teams to deliver the quickest, most relevant, and reliable search experience
- Devise, test, evaluate and iterate on all areas of search with a focus on machine learning and computer vision
- Participate in lean and agile development process in a test- and monitoring-driven environment, from planning, scoping, estimation all the way to optimization, maintenance, and support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong experience designing, developing, and supporting large, enterprise class solutions
- Strong knowledge and experience with OO programming languages, such as .NET C#, python, and Java in production
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and shell scripts
- Proficiency with Docker/ECS/containerization technologies
- Familiarity with messaging systems such as Kafka
- Experience developing and deploying cloud-hosted applications
- Knowledge of search ranking algorithms is a plus
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms is a plus
- Experience with Elasticsearch/Lucene/Solr and a strong understanding of indexing, search, information retrieval and relevance is a plus
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across many products and teams
Education and Certifications
• B.S./B.A. in Computer Science or equivalent quantitative field