AZ, Tempe /
The leading full-service eDiscovery provider to Fortune 100 companies and Am Law 100 law firms nationally, are looking for a Software Engineer!
For over 19 years, this company has been providing unparalleled solutions that improve eDiscovery workflows and dramatically reduce their clients’ overall costs of discovery. Collaboration, innovation, scale, and overall cost reductions.
What they are looking for in their next engineer:
The Software Engineer solves complex eDiscovery problems with the power of software. This position designs and builds products using Microsoft and open source technologies. The Software Engineer is responsible for building creative software solutions to lead the industry, improve productivity, increase efficiency and reduce errors happening with manual processes/workflows.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing software applications and processes from conception to completion, including the ability to effectively convey those designs to peers and management
- Specify non-functional software requirements and analyze all requirements to determine design feasibility
- Provide input into system software architecture development by working with Staff, Advisory and Principal Engineers as required
- Implement software using abstraction, low coupling and high cohesion, modularization, encapsulation and information hiding, interfaces, and separation of concerns
- Implement software using the practical application of algorithms, defensive programming and exception handling, fault tolerance, design patterns, and best practices of Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) such as SOLID (Single Responsibility, Open-Closed, Liskov Substitution, Interface Segregation, and Dependency Inversion)
- Test software with tractability back to requirements
- Follow agile software development processes and practices (SCRUM) to improve engineering efficiency to maximize resources and reduce expenses
- Use application of software development tools (IDEs, test frameworks, static analyzers, etc.) to improve engineering efficiency to maximize resources and reduce expense
- Identify and reduce technical debt
- Experience in eDiscovery industry is preferred
- 4+ years professional development including strong competencies or expertise in:
- Application development language such as C#, .NET Core
- Database development, query optimization and handling large datasets in a technology like MS SQL and No SQL technologies
- Web technologies like ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core
- 1+ year(s) experience developing in utility cloud environment is preferred
- B.S. in Science/Engineering or equivalent experience/certification preferred
- The ability to work cross group to negotiate and resolve conflicting situations
If this role is aligned with your skill set/experience, and it sounds right up your alley with interest, please send your resume to Kelsey.McShane@HarveyNashUSA.com