Software Engineer - Data Integration
Duration – 5+ months
Location – Remote (PST)
Open to Remote - Must work PST Hours
• Design and implement large-scale distributed systems
• Build frameworks that validate functionality and performance of large-scale offline systems
• Optimize the performance of these systems by profiling and identifying bottlenecks
• Build systems that are secure and compliant
• Improve observability and understandability of the various systems
• Work with different teams within the Big Data Platform group to leverage their work and vice versa
• Work closely with the open-source community to participate and influence cutting edge open-source projects (e.g. Apache Iceberg, Apache Gobblin, Apache Spark)
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent technical experience
• 1+ year(s) of relevant professional experience
• 2+ years of experience in software design and development, including work with distributed systems.
• At least one year of professional experience working with Java.
• Experience with Hadoop (or similar) Ecosystem (MapReduce, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto) is a plus.
• Experience in data management, relational databases, and/or large-data environments is also preferred.