Software Engineer - Java/Docker
a Senior Software Engineer on this team, you will be a key contributor to
platform development activities for our team in Seattle, accompanied by a
development team in Salt Lake City. These teams are developing services,
tools, and processes to support other engineering teams as well as
deliver solutions to our customers. You will be working on a
high-velocity, results-oriented team that leverages cutting-edge technologies
and techniques. The right individual will be motivated and will have a passion
for automation, deployment processes and enabling innovation. Your efforts will
help to shape engineering culture and best practices across Software
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team members to build a robust Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment platform
- Standardize and manage CI/CD setup procedures for monitoring deployment process performance, testing, error handling, reporting, archiving, and optimizing.
- Scope, plan and manage DevOps infrastructure enhancements and Upgrades.
- Develop automation and other tools to minimize delivery time and increase developer productivity.
- Help identify opportunities to improve system scalability and stability, and implement enhancements and best practices for modern development principles and methodologies.
- Participate in the design and development of new and evolving services, architecture, and performance standards
- Troubleshoot both infrastructure and infrastructure automation issues
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent degree) with 7+ years of professional software development, systems, or DevOps experience
- Expertise with at least one of the following: automation/configuration management, web/cloud security, cloud services (ideally Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services), on-prem/cloud infrastructure, and/or container/orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Mesos, etc)
- Experience with revision control source code repositories and git branching technologies.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Knowledge of application layer protocols, including HTTP, SOAP/REST, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, TLS/SSL
- Familiarity with tools for systems management, operational support, and performance monitoring
- Advanced troubleshooting skills across all layers of the OSI model
- A strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- On-call and night and weekend work are occasionally required
- Ability to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing and agile environment
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
in Computer Science (or equivalent degree) with 7+ years of professional
software development, systems, or DevOps experience
Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer