Software Engineer - Java/Kubernetes
This is a hands-on position where you will do everything from designing and building components and cutting-edge features to formulating strategy and direction within the org. You need to not only be a top developer with excellent programming skills and a stellar record of delivery, but also excel at leadership and customer obsession.
Our client is looking for a Software Development Engineer who is excited and passionate about tackling complex, leading-edge software engineering challenges, processing large amounts of data at runtime within the context of a highly analytical, model-based computation framework, solving incredibly challenging business and science real-world problems that will have a real impact.
Their team is responsible for automating the entire stack of high performance, large scale, geographically dispersed resources throughout its lifecycle. This is a technology stack that will challenge you and diversify your skills.
We are building a system from the ground-up that:
- Is a highly scalable, cloud-based SaaS offering that performs low latency querying against detailed risk analysis data
- Leverages cloud-based PaaS offerings and open source technologies as the foundation
- Uses Spark, Linux, Java, C#, and leverages the latest advances in database tools, vector processing, hardware-based acceleration techniques, and geographic visualization tools
- Utilizes a unique Big Data approach scaling to massive size over time, large-scale distributed data processing technology, and best-in-class virtualization technology
- Experience in Java, C#, or Scala, and software development in general
- Experience with relational and big data storage such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Apache Spark, Kudu, Snowflake, Kubernetes, and similar technologies
- Strong skills in analytic computing and algorithms
- Knowledge of advanced programming concepts such as multi-threading, memory management, and query processing
- Passion for finding and solving problems
- 2-5+ years of programming experience; proven track record of on-time delivery
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to convey complex ideas to others in a concise and clear manner
Desirable experience and skills:
- Experience in performance tuning, bottleneck analysis, and resource usage monitoring
- Experience working on and/or with cloud and open source technologies such as Spark, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Distributing Processing
- Familiarity with probabilistic and stochastic computational techniques
- Experience with data access and computing in highly distributed cloud systems
- Prior history with agile development