This is an A-list company developing a major scale Web service, with talent from Amazon.com, Microsoft, Apple and Walt Disney Internet Group, among others.
Every day, great teachers are making a difference, but not everyone has access to a great education. With the global reach of the web and the power of software, delivers the effectiveness of great teachers to benefit any student, anytime, anywhere. We are successful educators, entrepreneurs, technologists, and creative designers. We're also parents with a passion for helping our children — and all children — succeed through effective web-based learning.
About the Role:
As a Software Development Engineer, Front-End, you will build software products with a focus on the front-end and middle tier. You will have the opportunity to work with other talented developers, quality engineers, and designers who focus on web-based front-end technologies, and who build UIs used by both customers and internal customers.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Writes code with focus on, but not limited to, the front-end and middle-tier parts of software products
- Actively participates in team meetings such as exits, demos, retrospectives, grooming, and planning – helping facilitate streamlined team functioning
- Owns parts of feature sets from inception through implementation and past release into customer use
- Advocates for technology work (such as technical debt) with product managers so that the right mix of core infrastructure and external features get built
- Interfaces as an SME with other teams such as product management, client success, curriculum, and marketing
- Designs and architects solutions and actively participates in architecture discussions with other developers
- Participates in code reviews for peers
- Hands on experience with UI Frameworks – especially Angular
- Strong understanding and working experience with REST Service integration
- Experience with CSS Pre-processors – especially SASS
- Ability to work in the middle-tier of systems written in Java/JSP and Ruby on Rails
- Working experience and strong knowledge of SOA with a focus on how front-end pieces fit into an entire SaaS architecture
- Experience with AWS products
- Ability to troubleshoot issues appearing on the front-end in their linked back-end systems including AWS Kinesis streams, Unix based logs, databases, related service calls, and more
- Ability to break down larger bodies of work into epics, stories, and sub-tasks and to size the work appropriately to get from vision to release
- CS degree or equivalent experience