Software Engineer - Ruby / React / Full Stack
Full Stack Developer - Seattle, WA
We are in the business of taking care of veterinarians and their staff. We’re here to change the industry for the better..we just love vets!
What do we offer the veterinary industry? Our software is designed to capture missed charges, eliminate errors, boost morale, and get vets home on time. And this philosophy extends to our team, too.
We are hiring both a Sr. and mid-level Full Stack ROR Developer, with experience using React, to contribute to our rapid product development pace. Our Engineers work collaboratively to set the technical direction for our SaaS product, developing easy-to-use solutions for our customers. Want to have the opportunity to shape the future of our product? This is it.
What we need:
- Use React in an existing customer-facing application
- Develop and implement Ruby on Rails backend
- Own and implement full features across the app
- Write clean code
- Assist with bug fixes and maintenance
- Enthusiastically engage in both product-related and technical discussions
- Continuously evaluate and incorporate new ideas and technologies
- Participate in both giving and receiving code reviews from other engineers, considering robustness, edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Passion for customer satisfaction
- A love for animals and technology..this is a big one ;)
Skills & Requirements
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- 4+ years of professional software development experience (for mid-level, more for Sr.)
- React experience on a customer-facing web application
- Good team interaction including collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical, critical observation
- Motivated Self-Starter
- Formal software education in modern web application development and design
- Published code on Github or another code collaboration tool
- Experience in the pet or veterinary industry
You’ll be joining our small, efficient engineering team in Seattle, WA.
- Relocation not available
- Visa sponsorship not available
A few other great things
You'll have an opportunity to have a huge impact at a fun, exciting company with significant growth potential. A few more things:
- We offer stock options
- We have great benefits
- Our team has the freedom and influence to explore new ideas and tech
- We want more fun, motivated people to join us!