Software Engineering Manager
Software Engineering Manager:
Our client is known around the world for innovation in Enterprise Mobility, Public Safety and Wireless Infrastructure. We are leading the next wave of innovations that enable people, enterprises and governments to be more connected and more mobile. Our software is used by demanding organizations worldwide and we have very high quality of craftsmanship and standards. Your professionalism lets you learn quickly, adapt to changing situations, help others, and take care of the details.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager, to join our team in Seattle. You will work on our next generation core product, helping to build and redefine communications at scale.
Your role will be focused on leading the development and enhancing services that help unify many products in our product suite. Your work will involve, but not be limited to: maintaining existing features, documentation, unit tests, CI/CD, training and other tasks as assigned. Additionally, you’ll be working with the Core Team Product Owner and other team members to deliver production quality code on schedule.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
• Responsible for the ownership (architecture/design/implementation) of complex software components and systems
• Coach and mentor the team on software best practices (design, coding, troubleshooting, work breakdown, work estimation, refactor strategies, automated testing, etc.)
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years of enterprise software development experience
• 2+ years experience as a technical leader and people manager where you were responsible to coach and mentor a team of developers
• 2+ years of engineering leadership as people manager, mentor, architect.
• Strong communication - ability to communicate with non-technical teams and departments.
• Strong experience in cloud infrastructure environment
Coach and mentor the team on software best practices (design, coding, troubleshooting, work breakdown, work estimation, refactor strategies, automated testing, etc.)
• Experience with RESTful web services
• System, Network, experience
• Audio Processing, Streaming, Codecs, Multicast, RTP, telephony
• Experience with concurrent programming
• Experience with TDD, CI/CD, and Agile methodologies
• Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices
• Strong capability to learn and apply new technologies
• Distributed system design and implementation
• Master of Science in Computer Science or related engineering field