Software Engineering Manager
Manager of Software Engineering
The Focus of the Role:
As a Manager of Software Engineering you’ll lead a full stack engineering team, managing engineers with a wide variety of specialties in the areas of UI, Test and Software Engineering. You’ll serve as a coach, help with the career path for your reports, and manage delivery of your team’s projects. You’ll help align the engineering practices of your team to the rest of the organization and throughout the company.
You will be a guide and mentor – a servant leader, first and foremost. As a leader, we expect you to facilitate your team’s growth. In return, we will set you up for success by helping you develop your professional skills and strategically assigning your team projects based on your skills.
What you should have:
Experience Managing Engineering teams for Cutting-Edge Software/Web Application Development
- You have at least 5+ years of software engineering leadership experience with direct reports
- You have proven experience coaching, mentoring, and developing a team of engineers
- You have excellent project management skills; ability to estimate scope, break up problems into deliverable chunks, and pivot when requirements change
- You get that software engineering is a service organization, delivering both cutting edge innovations as well as basic features and you’re passionate about there being value in both.
- You understand that software development is a partnership with your stakeholders, requiring caring and empathy to manage the relationship.
- You have a foundation of experience in the design and development of highly scalable and robust web applications, including experience with DBs, APIs, front & back ends and services.
- You have previously worked extensively in object-oriented Ruby, .NET, Python, Java, PHP or .NET.
- You have your Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience