Software Quality Assurance Manager
Title: Software Quality Assurance Manager
Type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Teterboro, NJ. The clients allows 3-4 days remote work per week
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in
the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time”
The person is responsible for managing the quality assurance and control functions of business software applications. Provides leadership and planning to ensure that resources are utilized appropriately to meet the company’s strategic objectives. The manager is responsible for ensuring our team’s deliveries meet the quality standards. The manager will develop and implement quality assurance plans, quality improvement initiatives and defect tracking / resolution programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Own SQA activities and deliverables for multiple scrum teams?
- Provide support to Agile teams for estimating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling test activities
- Review and recommend improvements to documentation eg. Test plans, Test cases, Test strategy
- Responsible for handling and providing escalations as necessary during the Software Test Lifecycle
- Own the continuous improvement of quality processes including, Required Documentation, Testing Processes, and the overall quality of the Agile software teams
- Monitor, and enforce all processes and Organizational testing standards?
- Establish processes and procedures to facilitate continuous testing and automated release management using TFS
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional Agile team members
- Complete other tasks as required
Experience, Education and Skills
- 10+ years of experience in quality assurance, quality control, and/or quality engineering
- 5+ years managing quality assurance teams and/or partners
- 5+ years hands-on experience with testing platforms (Microsoft Test Manager)
- 5+ years hands-on experience testing web applications written in PHP, Angular or C#
- 3+ years hands-on experience testing mobile application written in Swift or Objective-C
- 5+ years hands-on experience testing web-services and back-end databases hosted on Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle.
- Experience in leading distributed teams
- Experience with Manual, API, Data, Performance, and automated testing
- Coordinates with the development area to ensure that testing standards are rigorously applied in:
- Establishing system test plans
- Implementing system testing
- Reviewing system test output
- Leads the development of test cases to identify defects in software. Ensures tests are completed accurately and the results are properly documented
- Evaluates test scripts and determines when changes or new test scripts need to be created.
- Partners with software teams to ensure issues are resolved and that the product is retested. Ensures that all issues are resolved and that the final product is working properly.
- Provides software teams with insight into new functionality. Recommends changes to products that can further benefit the end user though increased efficiency and accuracy.
- Ensures that software quality assurance team has received proper training and is up to date with the changes to test scripts
- Maintains personal knowledge of software functionality.
- Manages the performance of direct reports by defining accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing feedback and guidance, and ensuring that all policies are understood and followed.
- SDLC and agile methodologies: TFS, Git, SCRUM etc.
- Manage, lead and mentor a team of highly technical resources
- Exhibit and practice courteous, ethical and professional behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers
- Act in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on common goals to achieve mutually beneficial results
- Be accountable and responsible for the accuracy and completeness of assigned work and results
- Prioritize and manage work load and communicate issues clearly
- Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills
- Comply with all laws, regulations and company policies
- Travel when required