Software Test Engineer
Job Title: Software Test Engineer
Location: New York, NY (Remote option available)
Software Test Engineer to join our QA team to create and execute tests for the back end services of our data and analytic information products. You'll isolate and report bugs, document test plans, write test case automation, and work closely with other teams (Engineering, Project/Product Management, etc.). You'll collaborate daily to brainstorm and implement our next generation of products.
The Software Test Engineer Will:
- Love working with back end services and large data sets
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving, and creative thinking skills
- Excel in test case design and documenting test descriptions/test plans
- Enjoy figuring out what should be tested, creating the test, and implementing it. You're someone who can diagnose a potential bug before it occurs and isolate existing bugs.
- Possess knowledge of and experience with Java, SQL, and Python. Experience with AWS data tools (S3, Redshift, RDS, and EMR) is a plus.
- Have a strong commitment to technical quality assurance as a key part of the development lifecycle
- Implement automated tests and perform functional and regression testing
- Be dynamic and prepared to test/regress a high volume of changes daily
- Enjoy the challenge of researching issues to maintain quality in our large data sets
- Gain an understanding of the complex math associated with options
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience