Solution Architect (pharmaceutical industry Background Required- REMOTE WORK ONLY)
IT Solution Architect with extensive Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is a must
South San Francisco ,CA - 9 months (100% REMOTE WORK)
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Design, develop and deliver solutions that align with enterprise architecture standards and advance the architecture toward the target state.
• Integrate the specificities of individualized therapies like fast clock speed, PHI/PII data management or modularity to respond to evolving needs.
• Provide leadership and perform facilitation, analysis and design tasks required to ensure that information systems are designed and evolve appropriately
• Work with our business groups to understand their business processes and information needs and work with other members of our informatics organization to identify and design solution options.
• Create and maintain a solution lifecycle roadmap including the technology lifecycle management.
• Document and maintain the solution as-is state in the Enterprise Architecture Management Tool
• Collaborate with the broader architecture community to ensure that the solutions align with target architectures and technology roadmaps.
• Collaborate with Information architects and data engineers to define the data model, transform data and create data pipelines.
• Min. Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent (e.g. Computer Sciences) (**)
• Min. 8 years of experience in designing, developing and implementing large-scale software solutions in the pharmaceutical industry or regulated environment (****)
• Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is a must (one of the categories would be enough) (**)
• Knowledge of designing and implementing modular micro services solutions (****)
• Solid knowledge of integration patterns and best practices such as synchronous vs. asynchronous communications, RESTful APIs, messaging, publish-subscribe, REST, SOAP, Web Services, Mulesoft, Solace, KAFKA (****)
• Experience in developing a platform based on reusable building blocks in order to shorten the design and increase the speed of delivery (****)
• Exhibits a Lean-Agile mindset, i.e. // We are working following the SAFe methodology.
• Good enough instead of perfection
• Focus on “Reuse before Buy before Make” when providing direction on future solutions. The best solution may not need significant software development
• Has a strong passion to bring value-adding technology to the business.
• Exhibits strong soft skills typically required as an Architect (i.e. presentation and public speaking, negotiation, challenging the status quo, explaining complex matters in a simple way)
• Ability to lead / support specialist resources on technical issues within the domain on content and provides detailed analysis of the operations and opportunities for improvement standards.