Solution Architect/ Tech Lead (ESEJP00000885)
We are seeking a Solution Architect for our client in Westwood, MA.
This is a one year assignment. The primary work site will be Westwood, Massachusetts. On-site presence may be required at other company locations (
Solution Architect Description and Duties
This Solution Architect (SA) will work closely with the project’s Lead Solution Architect, Program Architect, the IT Manager, and the Project Manager of this specific project to organize the development effort and deliver technical solutions that satisfy the projects business objectives. The SA ensures that IT solutions meet current and proposed architecture standards, develops conceptual, preliminary, and detailed cross-functional design solutions and determines the application and technology requirements. The SA assists with all phases of the project including design, build, test, and implementation. We follow a specific project methodology with deliverable templates which the SA uses.
The Customer Systems Life Extension project is an Information Technology effort to extend the life cycle of critical Customer Group systems. The goal of the project is to ensure critical Customer Group applications are running on a secured and supported platform to extend the life cycle of these applications for another three to five years.
The scope of the project will be addressed in 2 separate tracks using a phased implementation. The hardware and software are on premise.
The two particular phases are:
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI)/CIS upgrade to supported software
- Replacement of mainframe integration server used to screen scrape data from CIS
- Build a new Eastern Massachusetts test LPAR (mainframe logical partition) to support full volume testing
- Galaxy Technology Upgrades
- Bypass and decommission severely out of support interconnection transactions to Galaxy
- Upgrade software to support Galaxy (Oracle Solaris, Oracle databases, and operating system software to a supported version)
Primary Job Functions for this SA:
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical/infrastructure build (install, configure, change management, support testing activities, implementation, support and engagement) from design through initiation and delivery.
- Coordinate the upgrade of multiple servers in the environments
- Create cutover, back out and implementation plans for the project
- Create Operations time lines.
- Support applicable migration efforts for data migration from legacy platforms to new systems.
- Validate system configurations and create support matrixes
- Create production cutover planning and cutover activities
- Analyze requests and seek additional detail required for prioritization and proper routing.
- Coordinate and direct the activities of build teams according to the priorities set by the plan.
- Applies technical knowledge to drive and/or resolve highly complex technical issues.
- Partners with members of project team and other IT teams as appropriate to expedite the activities required by the IT lead role.
- Identifies potential escalations and proactively alerts management, leads escalation and resolution process
- Develops, defines and coordinate execution of technical build schedule, activities, budgets and deliverables.
- Coordinates and communicates on activities among internal technical groups
- Monitors work of assigned team, providing technical and analytical support and direction.
- Manages risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure goals are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- Collaborate with data architects, infrastructure architects, and other portfolio/program architects across the organization to ensure the proposed solution aligns closely with the portfolio/enterprise level architecture
Required Experience & Skills
- Infrastructure Specific Knowledge
- Windows Server 2012 / 2018 Systems
- Windows workstations 7 / 10
- MS Office 365, Outlook, Skype
- The individual must be comfortable working across business and IT product center domains and can demonstrate the ability to easily shift between technical analysis and business value discussions.
- Requires knowledge of systems development methodologies and systems integration methodologies.
- Requires knowledge of business application technical design and implementation
- Familiar with AZURE/Infrastructure as a Service offering
- Familiar with UNIX Operating System, (AIX and Solaris)
- Familiar with middleware technology, (WebMethods)
- Familiar with Oracle Database technology
Qualified candidates should submit a word formatted resume to Cheryl.email@example.com