Our client located here in downtown Seattle is looking for a Software Architect, to join a small team engaged in designing and building robust and scalable systems needed to support billions of video views each month. You will work closely with product owners to ensure that services meet functional and scalability requirements. You will also work closely with leads and architects to leverage and improve their core technologies.
This position offers a tremendous opportunity to influence the next generation of interactive media applications. The role provides unlimited creativity in bringing the latest technologies to market in a large-scale consumer setting. They practice Agile methodologies, plan rational schedules, and our cross-functional teams build strong, collaborative relationships as partners in the delivery of quality products.
- Serve as primary technical contact with the client.
- Gather product requirements, evaluate, and when necessary prototype, alternatives to determine the most appropriate approach for each solution.
- Where appropriate, define new services to fulfill a project's particular needs.
- Prepare functional specifications that can be understood by customers and internal development teams.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and utilize this data when making technology proposals.
- Work with the professional services team members to estimate the work for a given project.
- At times work directly with the sales force to coordinate new projects, many of which will involve multiple phases.
- Transition finished projects to the support group.
- Represent the client in discussions with their client’s engineering, marketing, business development, and other high-level departments.
- Drive execution of products from inception to release
- Generally requires 7-10 yeas of related experience
- At least 5 years software experience at an engineering level
- Bachelors degree equivalent
- Strong technical program management experience and experience defining and developing against SDKs
- Proven experience as a technical leader. Demonstrated ability to lead the design and development of complex applications.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership for the success of projects
- Understanding of and experience with the full software development lifecycle, including functional and technical specification, implementation, QA processes, deployment, and maintenance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven experience with SOA, design patterns, web services technologies, and UI design
- Knowledge of rich media and content management a plus
- Proficiency in Java and modern web application development languages a plus
This position may be up to 30% travel
• Company bonuses
• A 401k where we match 100% up to 6% of your eligible pay
• 21 days paid time off + 7 paid holidays
• Unlimited soda, coffee, and snacks!
• Great medical, dental, vision insurance for you and your family
• Comcast Restricted Stock Units
• Employee Stock Purchasing Plan
• Great company outings and social gatherings
• Flex Spending Account
• Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement