Essential Job Functions
Technologies We Use:
- The language you use doesn’t have to match what we use. However for transparency we use Python almost exclusively on our backend but that doesn’t mean we wouldn’t use the right tool for the job moving forward.
- As you are developing, testing should be at the forefront of your mind. Everything moving to production should have a unit test along with it.
- We also utilize Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, RabbitMQ among others.
- For our databases, we heavily rely on Elasticsearch, MySQL, and Redis. We have a couple other platforms in use throughout our applications.
- Our cloud platform is currently AWS but are transitioning to GCP. It’s important to understand the tools and services offered by a cloud service provider in order to choose the best option for your application.
- git push origin source-control
- Are there others? Yes. Is our stack fun? Yes. Will you get to work on what interests you? Yes. Should you apply? Yes.
- Degree in Computer Science, a related technical or scientific field, or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years experience as a software engineer
- Familiarity with continuous integration and build tools
- Mastery of one programming language and working knowledge of at least one other
- Familiarity with multiple frameworks from languages and domains
- Understanding of multiple programming paradigms
- Good grasp of design patterns and anti-patterns