Sr Cloud Engineer
This key senior cloud engineer will be part of BECU’s Cloud Services Team and working closely with our Compute and Cloud Program and teams across IT and the organization to implement BECU’s cloud strategy. Part of that will be a strong go-forward adoption of Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and platforms, tools and processes to facilitate agile methodologies supporting our business’ dynamic digital and computing needs. Another component of the role will be supporting the migration, refactoring or replacement of existing systems with strategic Compute and Cloud solutions.
• Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
• Own at least two core infrastructure technologies: Active Directory, DNS, SCCM, Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, VMware, Scripting, Local Traffic Manager, Global Traffic Manager, Citrix, E-mail, FTP, UNIX, Linux, Windows Servers, Security & Compliance Standards, etc.
• Provide escalated systems support, problem resolution, and mentoring across the IT Division.
• Lead cross divisional enterprise infrastructure projects.
• Liaison and partner with Enterprise Architecture, maintaining the strategy and vision of our technology systems.
• Integrate and schematically depict systems architectures, topologies, hardware, software and signaling links into complete Systems configurations.
- Research, develop and communicate system roadmaps, opportunities and constraints to IT as well as the business.
• Partner with the security team to respond to prevent, detect and investigate suspicious activity in a timely manner.
• Possess and display expert skills in the following areas: technical troubleshooting, vendor management, customer service, communication and project management.
• Train back up personnel as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline required, or equivalent work or educational experience. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 7 years of technical engineering experience required.
• Solid skills in Leadership, Project Management, Hardware/Software Design & Best Practice, Computer Security & Compliance and Enterprise Design required.
• In depth knowledge of enterprise datacenter technologies, desktop operating systems, end point management platforms (SCCM, Altiris, etc.) and mobile management platforms required.
• Advanced expertise in at least 5 infrastructure systems required.
• Professional certification in an applicable technology or project management discipline preferred.
• Experience supporting enterprise solutions preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of virtual desktop technologies, remote deployment, patch management and disk imaging, server virtualization technologies and server operating systems preferred.
• Experience implementing projects involving enterprise hardware and/or software technologies preferred.
• Knowledge of networking concepts (advanced networking/switching/routing) preferred.
• Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate in the English language.
• Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary and occasional travel.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds, with bending and mobility to move large objects.
Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response. EEO Statement: BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status