Sr. Communications Engineer
We are looking for a Sr. Communications Engineer for a 18 month contract position with our client in NYC. This position working in the group that designs all cabling in buildings. They are the ones who will spec out how big all low voltage cabling, cellular, WiFi, fiber optic systems will be for the greater Metropolitan area as well as the high speed optical transport (connecting all NYC Bldgs together).
The Sr Communications Engineer position in Network Facilities Architecture and Design participates in delivery of physical infrastructure services that support global network services including all voice, video and data services. Responsibilities include; contribute to network facilities design, documenting and communicating roadmaps and standards as well as participating in all physical network infrastructure (cabling, cabinets, HVAC, UPS, etc.) related matters and technology.
This key technology position works closely with the various network services teams to contribute to the overall physical infrastructure strategy, architecture, and define designs, technology selection, and deployment of solutions that meet business demand. Responsibilities include; collecting requirements, identifying technologies / vendors, network design, prioritizing activities, implementation, vendor oversight and transitioning these solutions to Operations.
· Delivers business unit related projects, including researching, configuration and recommending new technologies in association with the project request and developing scope-of-work requirements for the project development and bid. Creates and/or reviews design for adherence to NFAD strategy, standards and security policy.
· Develops physical layer and office building project plans, including coordinating project resources and providing status reports to management and project team.
· Designing and developing broadcast transport network solutions to address a variety of business challenges.
· Determines labor costs as well as equipment and wiring costs for each project and manages the project expenses to the estimates, identifies new and improved methods that can be used to satisfy infrastructure requirements and provides technical material needed for the documentation of each new infrastructure project.
· Tracks timeline and financial forecast against stated objectives, ensures proper transition to operations with required KPI’s, design documentation.
· Closely collaborates with the network delivery services department in defining and documenting services and associated service levels to ensure a consistent delivery model for network services in local region including required training to support new technologies.
· Implement technical aspects of the network facilities strategy, architecture, design, and documenting/communicating roadmaps and standards as well as participates in all physical network infrastructure (cabling, cabinets, HVAC, GPON, DWDM, UPS, etc.) related matters and technology.
· Demonstrate technical acumen, business acumen, strong communication skills and professional maturity in representing the department in business discussions.
· Researches technologies and products and meets with vendor, addresses technical issues/deficiencies and influence new products and services to meet growing and changing requirements
· 8+ years of direct experience in interpretation of building construction, electrical, and infrastructure blueprints.
· Knowledge of EIA/TIA standards and building codes and wiring requirements.
· Ability to handle and prioritize multiple large-scale complex projects and successfully completes in a timely manner.
· Excellent communication and relationship skills, with emphasis in the ability to articulate advanced technical topics to both technical and non-technical staff; ability to articulate business issues/concerns with staff, peers, senior leadership, and outside parties.
· MS Office and MS Visio proficiency
· AutoCAD and REVIT proficiency
· BICSI certified RCDD
· MS/MA degree in Engineering or Information Technology
· Python programming experience.
· GPON technology infrastructure design and implementation standards
· Optical network design and planning experience.