Sr. Data and Business Intelligence Analyst
Position- Sr. Data and Business Intelligence Analyst
Location- Plano, TX
Duration- 6+ months contract
The Sr. Data and Business Intelligence Analyst will provide analytical support to Retail Mode team and leads the efforts to establish data governance best practices for the Retail Analytics team. This will include:
Data Governance 50%
- Develop expertise on how Enterprise Data Warehouse data and data from other sources (e.g. public data, 3rd party vendors’ data) can be structured to meet business needs.
- Evaluation of existing documentation and operational process and identifying any gaps to reconcile data discrepancies and facilitate cross-functional communication through a single source of truth in data.
- Work with department leads, and data owners to confirm structure, consistency, formatting and update schedule of multiple data sources. Establishes data governance, policies, and standards; create and maintain metadata catalog.
Business Analytics 50%
- Perform in-depth app/app features life cycle analysis that is in sync with Samsung product life cycle. Make app/app features iteration recommendations to the retail mode team to boost customer retention and eventually drive product sales. Being the brain that drives app development projects.
- Integrate recurring business analysis into existing tableau dashboards. Create and modify existing dashboards according to changing business needs.
- Develop and document business requirements. Connect and validate business requirements against multiple datasets.
- Distill high level business objectives and customer behavioral feedbacks into clear, well defined analytics projects, and produce actionable business insights.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3-5 years’ experience as business analyst with strong emphasis on analyzing customer behaviors.
- Knowledge on software development life cycle and physical product life cycle.
- Data cleaning/transformation skills are necessary.
- 2+ years Tableau/Power BI dashboard development experience.
- 2+ years SQL experience.
- Data governance or data management experience a must.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills