Sr. Data Engineer
Company Overview: Our client supports thousands of healthcare professionals and tens of thousands of cancer patients every day. Their patient relationship management software improves the care delivery model for millions of patients and thousands of providers as well as dozens of pharmaceutical manufacturers and payers. With patient-centered care, patients receive a holistic service to support their individual goals and preferences, providers become economically viable in payment models, payers and at-risk providers reduce the cost of cancer care, and pharmaceutical manufacturers improve medication adherence for their life-saving treatments.
Job Summary: The Sr. Data Engineer will develop and implement data models for relational databases, big data, etc. to support company wide analytic and business intelligence. You will be utilizing data from a variety of sources in and outside of the data warehouse, collaborating closely with the Product, Engineering & Data Sciences teams, developing insightful conclusions through descriptive analysis, and communicating findings to colleagues and business partners. You will be a key part of the company's script for collecting, analyzing, creating visualizations and storytelling using clinical data, as well as supporting the development of standard metrics and producing recurring and ad hoc reports. Your work will improve the efficiency of care delivery on existing Oncology Care Models.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, MIS, Statistics, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Datawarehouse/ETL development
- Participate in discussions with business and technical teams about consolidation of business data into data warehouses, data marts, data lakes, and other data structures – on-premise and in the cloud.
- Research business domain concepts and common data modeling approaches to problems faced by the organization in the analytics arena, ensure completeness, correctness, and consistency of clinical data and data structure.
- Design and create the data structures needed to support dashboarding, reporting, and data science projects, including dimensional data warehouses, column store databases, OLAP cubes, Microsoft tabular models, Hadoop / distributed file system, and other logical and physical organization techniques.
- Leverage various data integration platforms, including AWS, ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend, Matillion etc., emerging open source options, and other platforms using appropriate ELT / ETL / Message Based design patterns.
- Analyze existing data warehouse designs to identify potential enhancements, performance improvements, design improvements.
- Have extremely strong skills in developing highly scalable solutions using at-least one programming and scripting language (Java, Python, Scala, Julia, Stata, Ruby, R).
- Have proven experience working with ETL/ELT tools such as Matillion, Informatica, Talend etc.
- Have familiarity handling high volume heterogeneous data Clinical Data, electronic health records.
- Have demonstrated experience with one or more data analytics and visualization packages.
- Work collaboratively with Clinical Programmers, Data Scientists, Biostatisticians and Project Management staff to meet project deliverables and timelines for routine to basic clinical data acquisition, quality checking and reporting.