Sr. Data Engineer
Position: Sr Data Engineer
Type: Full Time
We are a venture-backed company building modern tools to make civic data actionable and usable. Governments - world’s largest sector - depend on us to be more data-driven, transparent, and productive. Businesses, schools, and researchers depend on us to streamline their data operations. Our customers are located as far as Kenya or as close as Washington and California.
We love data and believe in its power to transform how we live, work, and play. We obsess over simplifying access to data, so that anyone can gather insights. We look for people who can demonstrate versatility and creativity in working with data. If you obsess over changing the world, and are passionate about open data, cool data visualizations, data-driven business, high velocity sales, and Sim City, we would love to talk to you.
As a Sr. Data engineer you will build and scale our data ingestion, processing and pipelines. You have hands-on experience implementing backend services and data pipelines that aggregates billions of data points. You are intimately familiar with the AWS infrastructure, yet know that the most maintainable systems are those based on a simple architecture. You will work closely with both the data ingestion and the data science teams and will make sure each all requirements are adequately met. As a Senior Developer, you will mentor other engineers and help provide technical leadership for the team.
- You have 5+ years of experience building, scaling and maintaining software and data infrastructure at a large scale SAAS company.
- You take pride in building simple, effective solutions that improve engineering productivity.
- You work cross-functionally with various teams at LiveStories.
- Ultimately, you want to be part of something big than software and make a durable change.
Technologies you master:
- You are an expert in Python when it comes to data packages (incl. pandas, numpy, scikit-learn)
- You write code for scalability and efficiency.
- You have setup and maintained Spark and/or Hadoop environments.
- Databases such as Postgres, Mongo, Redshift, but also Elasticsearch.
- Cloud hosting with AWS.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive, performance based compensation in a growing, disruptive startup
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- An incredible team of diverse, smart, dedicated, and supportive people