Sr. Director, Merchandising & Analytics
NY, Staten Island
We are looking for a Sr. Director of Merchandising and Analytics for a full time permanent position with our client in Staten Island, NY. The right candidate will have extensive experience in the CPG industry. Please send qualified resumes to mary.abraham at harveynashusa.com.
The primary goal of this position is to maximize Sales, GPM, GP$ and Vendor Income for the company. This person will lead company in all Annual Vendor Planning sessions. This person will also lead the Bi Weekly Member Ad Committee Process and be responsible for the creation of “Best in Class” Weekly Ads.The Analytical Team reports in to this position and this person is responsible for all aspects of syndicated reporting and the contract with IRI/Nielsen.
- The Dir will develop and execute a strategic vision, with a progressive, customer centric-approach that delivers sales and profit objectives.
- This person will develop and manage narrative assortments, including assortment strategy and delivery, assortment plans, and allocation strategies.
- A key requirement is to demonstrate curiosity, agility and bias for action in a much broader and more integrated startup business environment, transcending the scope of the traditional merchant role.
- The Dir must also be able to build and maintain deep trust with their teams and key collaborators.
- Create plans for the introduction and promotion of new products based on the results of customer research.
- Coordinate merchandise planning with marketing department and executives.
- Analyze market trends and behavior of competitors to develop product marketing strategies.
- Research customer behavior to determine which products company should offer.
- Maximize sales and profit through merchandise buying, planning, and execution.
- Analyze and react to product and financial performance, including class/category performance, style performance, and major marketing performance.
- Assess and determine forecast changes that may impact inventory.
- Provide strategic guidance to vendors on performance and assortment needs to influence assortment plans and line development.
- 15+ years of CPG Sales, Customer Marketing and Account Management.
- Negotiation experience with suppliers and vendors
- Category planning
- Formal presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office/Outlook.
- Proven problem analysis and problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Self-motivated, well organized and detail oriented
- Experience advising and coordinating with CEO, COO, CIO, CFO