Sr Infrastructure Analyst - Storage & Servers Engineer
NY, New York
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time”
Senior Infrastructure Analyst - Storage & Servers Engineer
New York City
Its a hybrid storage & VMWare expert, MUST HAVE EMC Isilon
Technical Support (80%)
- Provide expert level support for all technical issues in Active Directory and Microsoft Windows environment, supporting over 100 servers and 280+ users in the Americas region.
- Provide technical guidance and expert level support for patch management, server/data center management, backups, Virtualization and SAN environment.
- Perform Infrastructure configuration management activities and follow change management procedures for implementing any changes to the production environment.
- Lead initiatives to consolidate, upgrade and implement equipment and/or facilitate business relocations.
- Analysis, design, configuration, capacity management, troubleshooting and support of EMC (Isilon) and Pure storage systems.
- Storage failover (Isilon & Pure)
Operational Support (20%)
- Help create and implement processes and procedures to improve efficiency of IT operations; identify areas for improvement and suggest technical, process and organizational changes.
- Responsible for recommending and organizing implementation of capacity increases with the vendors;
- Effectively communicate resolutions to IT staff and users ensuring incidents are resolved and end user communication is complete.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or other relevant field (or relevant combination of education and work experience).5 + years’ experience in IT Operations in an enterprise level environment providing Tier1 & 2 expert level support.
- Experience/ability to write, review and test disaster recovery, information security and technical documentation.
- Possess Industry Certifications in Storage and VMware. Preferred EMC Isilon Certified Storage Professionals and VCP 6
- Must have experience with MS Active Directory, MS Windows Server 2008 R2/2012, IIS server, Symantec NetBackup 7 & Rubrik, VMWare ESXi 6.0 and above.
- Must have experience with EMC SAN; SAN switches; Isilon; DataDomain; Citrix; Blade technology; Pure storage technology; Scripting; Cisco UCS.
- Willingness to be part of on-call rotation.
- Strong understanding of Enterprise technology including storage arrays, storage networking, network protocols and general connectivity in multi-platform enterprise environments.
- Comfortable supporting technology remotely and hand-on in remote data centres.
- Knowledge of monitoring tool and platforms.
- Must have positive attitude and be capable of remaining positive when under pressure.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong problem solving and problem management skills.
- Strong attention to details and ability meet tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Cloud knowledge will be a plus.
Please email resume to email@example.com