Sr. IT Specialist (SF)
CA, San Francisco
The primary responsibility will be to assist the Information Technology department with all aspects of technology as it relates to the West Coast offices (primarily San Francisco, but including Los Angeles and Seattle), the America’s Region. This includes, but is not limited to, user support, computer setup, maintenance and service, telecommunications, assisting with network and infrastructure maintenance, and all other technology needs.
- Provide a high level of customer service while supporting end users. Support includes, but is not limited to, laptops, desktops, mobile devices, video conference system, phone and voice mail systems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Has superior knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Successfully troubleshoot issues both independently and in collaboration with all available resources.
- Oversee and troubleshoot video conference and telecommunications systems in coordination with regional technical resources.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- Maintain configurations of all notebook and desktop computer systems according to established standards.
- Document and update technology related instructions and procedures as required.
- Maintain problem call history by recording calls in helpdesk tracking database.
- Analyze call data to proactively identify improvement opportunities.
- Evaluate new technologies for potential applicability.
- Creates interpersonal relationships and effectively communicate with end users as well as with local, regional, and global support teams.
- Takes a lead role in local, regional, and global projects as appropriate to evaluate existing systems and recommend technology for upgrade and replacement.
- Achieve annual goals and objectives, developed in cooperation with IT Service organization and local management.
- Assist in the training of incoming IT Specialists.
- Displays tact, patience and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Highly flexible and committed to personal goals and directions agreed on with IT and business management.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- BS/BA degree in a related field or comparable knowledge/experience in technology related field.
- 4 to 6 years experience providing desktop (PCs, notebooks, mobile devices, telecommunications, etc.) related service to at least 200 end users.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- A+ Certification or equivalent work experience.
- MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) or equivalent work experience.
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator), and MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) certifications are preferred.
- 4 to 6 years experience as technical lead on technology projects.
- 2+ years as a Desk-side support technical lead
- Superior technical skills - including but not limited to supported technology.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritize work effectively.
- Solid project management skills.
- Communicates (both orally and written) effectively with the management groups, end users, and other technical staff.
- Able to adjust approach to effectively interact with customers at all organizational and technical levels.
- Focus on excellent customer service and needs of the user community.
- Reliable and cooperative team player; displays consideration and respect for others and demonstrates the ability to lead team members by modeling success
- Displays tact, patience, and the ability to handle stressful situations while demonstrating a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates competence and character that inspires trust.
- Independently and proactively communicates issues, priorities, and objectives.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to anticipate, identify, and solve critical problems.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Proficient at communicating and presenting technical concepts to management, peer group, and staff.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding environment.