Sr. Java Dev
We are hiring for our rGuest Platform engineering team at our Bellevue office.
We build highly available ReST-based cloud services using Java and Docker technologies. This position offers an opportunity to learn a broad range of new skills, technology, and processes. We practice Agile methodologies, create sustainable schedules, and our cross-functional teams build strong, collaborative relationships as partners in the delivery of quality solutions.
You will collaborate as a key stakeholder in the definition, creation and delivery of our solutions. You will be responsible for designing and developing web services, components, scripts and applications that enable incremental delivery of powerful cloud-based and on-premise customer solutions. The ideal candidate is comfortable in an agile environment and loves working closely across the team so that testing is seamlessly integrated into our overall development process.
- Dive deep on technical requirements to understand end-to-end needs
- Document, review and collaborate on implementation choices and decisions
- Use test-driven development skills to efficiently deliver features with a high level of quality
- Refactor as needed to always leave things better than you found them
- Review and comment on designs and code review of fellow teammates
- Participate in the on-call process to quickly troubleshoot and solve customer problems
- Aggressively take and resolve bugs to keep our code base clean and trouble free
- Solid Java programming experience including threading, memory model, Java 8+ features
- In-depth understanding of Spring framework (core and web service)
- Adept in software architecture and design such as design patterns, data structures and object-oriented principles
- Fluent in web service technologies (ReST, JSON, HTTP) and architecture
- Experience with virtualization and containerization technologies (AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Easily navigate around Linux OS (shell scripting, command line tools, networking, package managers)
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills