Please send qualified resumes to mary.abraham at harveynashusa.com.
Position Summary: The Digital Product Technology group is seeking a Technical Lead Engineer to guide the software engineering teams building brand new ways for consumers to engage with us. In this role you will partner with our Platform and Product teams to define new products and build out the technology strategy and approach that will bring them to market.
You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day development activities of the teams that are building a new multi-tenant, multi-lingual, globally deployed, modern web serving stack that will power the Consumer Sites/Editorial Platform
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working in and leading Agile software development teams, has had hands-on experience building with the latest in web technologies at scale, and demonstrates a bias for action while minimizing risks.
- Oversee day-to-day development activities of development team members and conduct code reviews. Define and oversee agile development processes ensuring quality, security, reliability, scalability, and performance of our sites.
- Guide and mentor a team of distributed engineers.
- Act as a solution architect to define technical approaches and solutions for initial product delivery and ongoing feature development.
- Spend time in the codebase and contribute code.
- Collaborate with technical leads across Software Engineering to continuously refine and drive towards new software architectures to meet new strategic business needs.
- 5+ years experience developing large multi-tier web sites or web applications.
- Expert in agile software development and DevOps teams and experience guiding development teams in transition
- Experience integrating technologies with custom development to meet product requirements.
- Experience with web caching and CDNs such as Varnish, Squid, Akamai, or CloudFront.
- Experience with dependency management and build and deployment tools (ie. Jenkins/Bamboo, Puppet, Docker, Spinnaker).
- Experience using and developing RESTful services using JSON.
- Experience breaking apart and transitioning away from monolithic web applications.
- Experience building and working within a continuously integrated, automated continuous deployment and zero-downtime deployment environment
- Experience and passion building technology for consumer experiences and products.
- Experience with cloud computing such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with microservices architectures, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)