Sr Manager UX Design and Research
We are partnered with a leader in the cruise industry's premium segment. This company has been around for more than a century. They are looking for a Sr. Manager UX Design and Research to join their team. This could be a great opportunity for you to get your foot in the door with a phenomenal company. They have excellent work culture and an amazing team. Here is more about the role:
Job Title: Sr Manager UX Design and Research
Duration: Direct Hire
One of our clients is looking for a Senior Manager, UX Design and Research to help lead their direct ecommerce efforts.
· Lead, guide, and mentor UX Design team to design and iterate on UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of digital experiences.
· Develop and evolve UX team values and processes to ensure team and those around them seek the best in class experiences each day through their work and partnerships.
· Establish and manage best practices for UX Design and Research including a design system for client websites.
· Use business requirements, market research and customer feedback to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
· Dive deep on consumer insights, product analytics, and competitive intelligence to drive product innovation and iteration.
· Create journey maps, wireframes, visual mock-ups, and prototypes.
· Lead or participate in quick and iterative user research for ideation and concept refinement.
· Understand the value proposition for the client’s products and be able to build an online story to help sell cruises.
· Work with Product Owners, Stakeholders and BA(s) to provide visual requirements and detailed workflows for page, template and components that will be built on the Adobe Experience Manager CMS platform.
· Experience in designing for a CMS. Able to understand and design for templates and components that comprise the authoring and publishing experience of the CMS.
· Attend and participate in SCRUM meetings, including daily stand-up, SCRUM planning, SCRUM retrospective, backlog grooming.
· Contribute to our learning agenda including recommending, planning, and execution for A/B Testing to ensure that expected results will satisfy business requirements, user needs, and success KPIs.
· Participate in content planning and execution to ensure that expected results will satisfy business requirements and user needs.
· Collaborate with product management and development engineers to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience.
· Execute all visual design stages from concept to hand-off for development.
· Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
· Solid portfolio that represents actual work products that you have created.
· 3-5 years of experience leading and managing UX Design and/or Research team.
· 7-10 years of experience as a Sr UI/UX Designer for at least 5 years on a web development or web marketing team, preferably working with ecommerce experiences.
· Excellent visual design skills.
· Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
· Proficiency in Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, and/or other visual design and wireframing tools.
· Familiarity with designing for a CMS platform, preferably Adobe Experience Manager.
· Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
· Up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
· BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related or equivalent experience.
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
· Able to solicit, formulate and influence the selection of solution alternatives that meet business objective.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to convey business requirements and technical needs in a clear, concise, and effective manner.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with business and technical team members.
· Familiar with or actively working in an Agile development.
· Proactive problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
· Ability to distil analysis into concise recommendations and present to management audiences up to the executive level.
· Proven excellent communication skills via email.
· Ability to communicate and develop relationships with others while influencing and removing blockers.
· Professional communication skills required. Ability to effectively present information, both written and verbal, in a clear manner.
· Strong project management skills required, including the ability to keep track of multiple deadlines, effectively meet deliverables, and keep both customers and peers apprised of project status.
· Ability to be detail oriented while working independently on multiple projects required.
You can apply here or share your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can chat more about the role.