Sr. Project Manager
About this Position:
The purpose of the Senior Project Manager is to manage projects using the PMO Methodology, with the ultimate goal of improving company performance and managing risk.
Outcomes & Activities:
- Project management of strategic initiatives, to include planning, scheduling, scope management, risk management, issue management, execution, resource management, and communications
- Implement agreed upon scope and direction to ensure 1) smooth hand-over to operations, and 2) framework in place to objectively assess project impact.
- Determine, based on scope, best project approach to use and right people to involve
- Direct and monitor project assignments; escalate to leader appropriately
- Produce clear and concise project deliverables
- Facilitate and control project meeting review meetings
- Understand how and when to use steps/deliverables in methodology to accomplish goals effectively
- Maintain Clarity and Confidence for status of project work (through clear, accurate and concise status updates & meetings)
- Partner with leaders to develop strategies and plans for project managing key initiatives.
- Participate and lead change management activity as needed
- Mentor less senior project managers through training, ongoing coaching, and partnering in project management efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PMP Certified (Project Management Professional)
- 7+ years of relevant project management experience in a PMO Function
- Passion for driving and implementing process improvement
- Ability to build and manage relationships at various levels across the company; to gather consensus, to drive alignment, and to influence outcomes
- Solutions-oriented approach to solving complex problems and challenges
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible in complex situations with ability to navigate through conflict with positive outcomes
- Experience with IT methodologies and processes (including Agile)
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow, Microsoft Project, Visio, Office and SharePoint
- Master’s Degree
- Program management experience
- People management experience
- Experience in financial services sector (loan servicing or loan origination organizations)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Be able to multi-task and manage several different projects/priorities and deliver high quality outcomes under pressure
- Demonstrate exceptional project management skills, ability to manage troubled projects back onto course;
- Remove roadblocks and resolve issues
- Be able to understand and apply the concepts of project management
- Be able to develop and maintain productive working relationships with project sponsors and teams
- Strong communications skills (oral and written) for executive level communications and working with cross-functional teams
- Be able to lead project communication that provides visibility to status, risks, issues changes and decisions
Company Values: To be successful in this role, Team Members need to demonstrate the characteristics of PRIDE (our Company core values) in their work:
- Positive: Maintain a positive attitude by focusing on solutions and promoting a collaborative and enjoyable environment.
- Respectful: Value teamwork, share successes, appreciates others and communicates in a way that promotes trust.
- Insightful: Make timely well considered decisions, create innovative solutions and continuously learn.
- Direct: Communicate clearly and objectively; don’t be afraid of difficult conversations. Raise concerns through the proper channels.
- Earnest: Be honest, sincere and consistent. Work hard and pursue our goals together relentlessly.