Sr Python Developer (BI)
Job Title: Sr Python Developer (BI)
Location : NC/ TX/NY
Duration: 12+ Months
- The candidate will help build a cloud BI platform including scheduled and ad-hoc reporting, interactive dashboards and data feeds for internal and external customers.
- You will be working closely with the data engineering and product teams to migrate existing BI and reporting applications to AWS.
- You will also help research, design and build a business intelligence framework to enable analytics, data science and reporting across all product lines.
- You will work on mining and onboarding new data sources into BI platform, modeling BI data warehouse and help leaders and clients make data driven decisions.
- Strong experience with industry BI & analytics tools (Tableau, Qlik, Quicksight, Power BI, Looker, etc.)
- Understanding of dimensional modeling
- Experience building ETL pipelines and other data artifacts
- Extensive experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Strong experience in working in a regulated environment and data masking principles
- Experience with software engineering fundamentals
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Experience with Flask, Node.js, React or other web technologies
Success factors/job competencies:
- The successful candidate will have strong technical expertise with a variety of BI tools and scripting technologies and will be able to contribute to the design, test and implementation of the BI platform.
- The candidate will need to be detail oriented but also able to understand the overall environment (internally and externally) and interact with and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and external clients at all levels.
- The candidate should be a strong team player. The ability to work effectively cross-organizationally and with external clients will be a key factor to success in this role.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Ability to work extended hours on a computer.
- Occasional travel between NY, NC and TX offices.
- Complete tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism and decorum.
- Demonstrate effective team work.
- Adhere to and support all Tech & Ops and strategic goals.
- Communicate effectively with internal personnel at all levels and with vendors and external clients.