Sr QA Data Warehouse/ETL Analyst
Lead QA - ETL
Our client is a massive name in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. They are known for hiring exemplary people to make this org. a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees.
The Sr.QA Test Engineer is responsible for leading the end to end quality of projects within the Company’s Web and Mobile Application Portfolios. The Sr. QA Test Engineer creates, tests, and plans for both manual and automated testing within our ETL and Data Warehouse and Reporting. The Sr.QA Test Engineer delivers creative and innovative solutions to support the development team through planning and prioritization of test design, test development, and test automation activities. This work will be accomplished within an Agile methodology or other methodologies in support of a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with frequent application releases.
- Designs, develops, implements and automates test plans and test cases in an Agile software delivery model environment using a risk based approach.
- Builds, executes and maintains automated test frameworks for end to end integration testing using Informatica version 10.25
- Builds or uses existing automation tools to test interfaces between systems and applications such as RESTful services, or other APIs.
- Accountable for all aspects of quality within the software development team.
- Tracks and prioritizes defects throughout product releases and lifecycles.
- Uses quality control tools and metrics to discover defects and make recommendations
- Works with Agile teams or other IT teams to plan, estimate, schedule and execute testing for applications including:
- Establishes, organizes and executes testing deliverables.
- Documents and executes complex software test plans and strategies.
- Ensures traceability of test cases back to project requirements.
- Executes end to end test scenarios.
- Coordinates and supports user-acceptance test plans.
- Works with Scrum/Agile team or other IT teams to report and resolve complex issues.
- Ensures software applications meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Participates in all aspects of testing at all levels, including functional, system, regression and load testing.
- Records and reports on testing metrics.
- Follows test documentation standards and makes updates as necessary.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of software test experience with focus within an ETL environment and test automation.
- Experience with software automation testing methodologies including regression, functional, unit, integration, coverage, performance, and load.
- Experience testing applications that integrate with other systems through RESTful API's.
- Experience automating the testing within an ETL/Informatica environment
- Experience with the following:
- Rally and HP ALM for test management.
- Agile using tools such as Rally or Jira.
- Performance/load testing tools such as Gatling, Blaze Meter and jMeter.
- BDD frameworks such as Cucumber.
- Selenium, SoapUI, HP UFT, and HP ALM.
- Understanding of web application testing tools such as Selenium, Jasmine, Protractor, and HP
- Knowledge of Cloud platforms and services such as Amazon, Heroku, Perfecto
- Understanding of Information Security Principles such as: Confidentiality, Integrity,
Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).