Sr. Software Developer
Sr Software Developer
Frankfort, KY (1st day Onsite and rest of the work will be remote)
NOTE: Candidate need to be capable and or willing to lead a team
Cabinet information & Technology Services Department is seeking a contract resource for the role of Senior Software Developer, who can assist to manage a development team of 6-10 software developers, as well as develop software to the specification of the Client.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
The KCOJ Senior Programmer Team Lead will analyze, document, refactor and redesign, troubleshoot, support Cabinet Enterprise Software Systems. Following the KCOJ Software Development and Delivery Methodology the Senior Software Developers may participate in requirements elicitation, systems design and estimation, software development and testing, and systems support in collaboration with the larger Kentucky Court of Justice Enterprise Software business team. Must have experience building enterprise level web application and services for equivalent domains (i.e., Justice, Medical, Banking). Will interact with internal and external clients and vendors in a professional manner. Expected to author documentation to describe operational procedures and existing systems.
DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS CLASSIFICATION:
· Analyze business requirements with business analyst to develop new or modify existing programs to meet business needs and technical requirements. Using Microsoft VSTS to create and track the technical tasks, stories.
· Configure, install, and maintain WinForms, Web applications and web services using hosting environment like Microsoft IIS Server, SQL Server and windows servers.
· Research, document, and implement improvement for new or existing application programs and processes. The data movement processes are implemented using Microsoft Business Intelligence tools (SSIS, web services and Web API). Release process are managed using VSTS, InstallShield and WIX.
· Write, translate, and code software tools per functional and nonfunctional specifications with adherence to code quality, security standards and other quality standards. Using ReSharper, Visual studio debugger, Chrome developer tools and SOAP UI.
· Develop scripts to enhance functionality, usability, appearance of web applications using modern frameworks like Bootstrap, jQuery, etc.
· Develop and compile data for unit, peer and/or integration testing of programs. Using MS Excel, Redgate data generation tool.
· Perform testing on new and existing software for fixing bugs, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging. Create and track bugs using VSTS.
· Administer diagnostic analysis of test results and deliver solutions to critical areas.
· Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of applications, best practices and standards by using Wiki pages on SharePoint, Microsoft word and Excel sheets.
· Assist in the development of and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines for team members using Microsoft word.
· Report the status on development and release to management and stakeholders as required using emails, excel sheets or power point slides.
- Extensive business and/or systems analysis skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (365).
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
Education Substitute: 5+ yrs. job experience or Associates degree in Computer Science/Information Technology (related field) with 2+ yrs. job-related experience
Experience: Demonstrable C# MVC solution hosted on Azure available for code review
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (LICENSES, REGULATIONS, CERTIFICATES, ADVANCED EDUCATION, ETC.):
- Development team management experience
- 2+ year experience configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting enterprise applications in a networked environment
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS AND UNIQUE PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Required Work Location Infrastructure:
- 100MB or better internet service.
- Audio Visual systems for Microsoft Teams .
- Dedicated Work Area with the ability to remove distractions.
- Available during off hours and on weekends.
- Remote Team Collaboration.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.