Sr. Software Engineer
My client is looking for an exceptional engineer to help them build the next generation healthcare learning platform. They're looking for experienced, smart and motivated people. They are a small, but efficient team working on a React/React-Native/Rails stack. While the only hard requirement is that you’re capable and motivated, React and Rails experience are strong pluses. They prefer experience with open source stacks like Node, Ruby, and Python to Microsoft, Java, or PHP. They prefer generalists to specialists and love to see developers with full-stack experience who are happy to write React one day and server routes the next.
Their culture is agile and open. Since half the engineering team is distributed, they put a heavy emphasis on clear communications, collaboration within the team and throughout the company. Their engineers have a high degree of autonomy and responsibility and have the opportunity to make a large and immediate impact on the future of our product.
· Lead React-Native mobile and Rails backend development initiatives
· Deliver high quality, impactful production features
· Work directly with stakeholders and teams outside engineering to ensure we’re building the best product possible
· Mentor junior engineers
· Assist in planning and prioritization
Skills & Requirements
You should be able to operate independently and make sound technical decisions, be happy to accept both the responsibility and the accolades associated with getting a new product off the ground.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (preferred)
· 5+ years of experience developing commercial web applications and services.
· 3+ years using React.js (strongly preferred)
· Working knowledge of all component domains in a typical web application
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Strong communication and collaboration skills
· Familiarity with Agile development processes, Scrum, etc.
· Ability to participate in all aspects of the development cycle; from design to development, testing, and release
· Ability to work independently without constant supervision, and to contribute effectively as part of the team