Sr. Software Engineer
This organization provides leading-edge cybersecurity technology to ensure global organizations and governments can stop attacks before they start. The technology has a 100% success rate in protecting servers (patched and unpatched) against all memory-based exploits by stopping zero-day, code-execution, overflow and memory-based attacks before they start. Their technology is widely deployed by government as well as security conscious organizations, it is also embedded into IoT devices and security solutions to provide the ultimate protection against hackers. Their innovative solutions install in minutes within existing architectural infrastructure and carry extremely low ongoing operating costs. Their technology is one of the few validated by the U.S. Department of Defense to mitigate against zero-day memory exploits.
Employer Paid Medical, Dental, Vision for Employee and
Family (available 1 st of month after start date)
$50K Life Insurance for Employee
Employer Paid FSA ($2700 per year)
Free Parking or Bus Pass
Short Term Disability Insurance for Employee
Unlimited Vacation Policy
Periodic Team Building Activities
What You'll Be Working On
We are looking for someone to work on our flagship product, Polymorphing for Linux. Polymorphing serves each customer a unique polymorphic version of the upstream Linux repositories (Centos, Ubuntu, Alpine, SUSE, Debian, RHEL) every 24 hours. Our packages use the same Open Source code as the official repositories, but are completely randomized. This means that everything inside the binaries – instructions, registers, and addresses are all unique. This ground-breaking product delivers a Linux system that is immune to memory-based attacks – even those that have yet to be discovered or disclosed!
To build and serve millions of packages per day we have created the largest Linux package build farm in the world and we are looking to grow our elite team of engineers to share our common goal: protect our commercial and government customers by delivering unique operating systems with the most reliable, scalable, cost-efficient, secure build farm and package repository serving system in the world.
Who We're Looking For
Are you looking for a fast-paced workplace that constantly pushes you outside your current skill set? Our engineers are responsible for designing, coding, testing, deploying and production support; we don't have dedicated operations or test engineers. So if you’re fearless, a fast learner and this opportunity sounds exciting, you'll love working with us!
You May Be the Right Fit If You...
- have 5+ years of experience developing on production systems
- have designed and implemented production REST APIs
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- are a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- are proficient in operating and managing Linux
- have engineered production workloads for AWS (or another cloud provider)
- tend to obsess over code simplicity
- strive to create simple and focused microservices
- have a Github account that shows your chops
Bonus Points If You...
- are fluent in Go (our primary language) and/or Rust
- have experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- have production experience with ECS/Fargate and DynamoDB
- have experience interfacing with 3rd party authentication systems or you are experienced in authentication
What It's Like to Work Here
We offer a flexible work environment, no politics, research and learning opportunities and free lunches! We’re a team of close-knit technologists and engineers whose skills are matched only by our dedication to solving the global cybersecurity crisis. Founded in 2015 by bringing together top talent from Microsoft, Amazon, Google, and SUSE, we are led by founder and CEO Alex Gounares. CNBC recently named us as one of the top 100 startups in the world.