Sr. Software Engineer - C#/backend/API integrations
A leading Seattle based Fintech company is aggressively growing their team and looking for an experienced developer with a deep knowledge and passion for developing, designing, and maintaining API's. You will need a strong background in C#, SQL, and API's. This company is continually landing bigger clients which is driving their growth. They have a software that is tailored to financial advisors that collectively manage over a TRILLION dollars in global assets.
What will you bring?
You are a team player that can work with minimal supervision, work cross-functionally and closely with engineering, product management, and quality assurance peers to develop innovative technical tools and solutions.
You continually seek to improve the code and efficiency of our systems.
You will be able to provide technical leadership to the team. Guiding them to use best practices that ultimately lead to testable, maintainable, and extensible code.
What competencies will you have?
Excellent candidates will be collaborative, continually improving and work well in a rapidly growing workplace. They will have a strong commitment to quality, team success, superb technical skills, responsiveness and a sense of humor!
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Working on a team to improve, create, and maintain API integrations with multiple third-party vendors and internal products.
- Translate complex business requirements into technical requirements and application architecture and design.
- Participate in hands-on software development, including design and code reviews.
- Partner with the QA testing teams for test case validation and defect remediation, including providing production implementation support.
- Provide technical leadership and partner with team members and management on increasing efficiency of development processes and procedures, including release and build processes, code reviews, and peer programming.
- Work effectively with management and team members to clarify needs and plan delivery of major product changes, future versions and new products.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to provide responsive support to escalated customer issues.
- Continually grow skills to enhance your technical expertise.
- Ability to mentor other developers and help them grow and improve.
You will have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Extensive experience with the .NET platform and .NET framework
- Extensive experience with building and consuming both REST and SOAP APIs
- Extensive experience with API Architecture and Design
- Expert knowledge of C#
- Broad experience in troubleshooting existing code
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision in a results-oriented, fast-paced dynamic environment
- Expert analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience with mentoring other developers on your team
We would love for you to have:
- Professional experience in the financial services industry
- Exposure to TSQL: stored procedures, understanding of general database structure
- Exposure to CRM systems and integrating with them
- Familiarity with identifying PII (Personally Identifiable Information)
- Experience with unit testing frameworks, code coverage metrics, and dependency injection