Sr Software Engineer - Full Stack/Ruby/Python/Java
CA, San Jose
Type: Direct Hire
Location: San Jose
Join: Change the world
Every human-made product on earth traces its roots to chemistry – from food to pharma, from Q-tips to qubits: chemistry makes every innovation possible. Can’t wait for that foldable phone? Thank Dow Chemical. Happy your home is warm? Thank DuPont. Have a kid and rely on baby wipes? Thank Lonza.
The Company is transforming the $7 trillion chemical industry starting with the creation of a rich marketplace where people can crush the product innovation lifecycle down from years to days. We’re doing this by connecting customers and producers early in the product development lifecycle where they can research, discover, collaborate, negotiate and purchase chemistries and products quickly and repeatedly with a level of information transparency never before seen in this industry.
The Company is looking to add an immensely talented Front End to our product team who will help us invent, design, refine and deliver the products that will enable this digital transformation. The products we will create together simply do not exist today. This is your chance to fundamentally affect how product innovation occurs globally across industries.
Are you ready to help build a ground-breaking B2B marketplace that is going to transform one of the biggest industries? Are you looking for a chance where you can really contribute and you’re sick of the red tape, bureaucracy, and entitlement that gets in the way of progress in large, bloated organizations? Are you passionate about architecting large scale solutions and shaping the technology?
If this is you, we've been waiting for you.
- You take pride in your work by implementing cutting-edge technologies and writing state-of-the-art code.
- You own your projects from software design to implementation and deployment.
- You emphasize simplicity and pragmatism, which is reflected in your elegant code that other developers emulate.
- You love to learn and develop new skills continuously.
- You thrive on working with new technologies.
- You challenge the status quo when needed.
- You have the drive to get results and not let anything get in your way.
- You have the habit of leaving the code cleaner than when you found it
About The Company
- The Company is a well-funded start-up based in San Jose but with work opportunities around the globe: Our core team is in San Jose and Seattle, but you can work from wherever it makes sense for you.
- At the Company, everyone owns the product and the product is our passion.
- No one works 9-5. We’re a start-up.
- We think big, move fast and have strong opinions.
- We frame things up and expect you to fill in the blanks.
- We are open to great ideas and are willing to experiment.
- We believe in work flexibility and respect your need to work in your own space.
- Everyone executes and delivers.
- If you work with the Company you will share in our success.
- Languages: Ruby / Python / Java / JS
- Frameworks: RoR / Angular 5 / Apache Storm
- Databases: PostgreSQL / MongoDB / Elasticsearch / Redis / S3
Skills We’re Looking For FullStack Sr. Developer:
- Ability to take task from requirements to deployment.
- Expertise in Ruby must have (Python and Java, a nice to have in one of the languages)
- Ability to contribute anywhere in the stack and wear multiple hats.
- Ability to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Updated on the latest techniques/trends/thinking within your field and ready to share your knowledge and thoughts with both colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work within distributed, multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience with DevOps, cloud infrastructure services (AWS/Google Cloud) and containerization (Docker).
- Experience managing release activities.
- Passionate about CI/CD pipelines
- Design and build scalable, high-availability mission-critical systems and APIs.
- High bar for quality and a phenomenal attention to detail
- An interest in deep learning is a plus
- Search engine relevance tuning is a plus
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent field
- 7+ years of building highly scalable applications
- 3+ years of experience implementing CD / CI pipelines
- 3+ years of experience with public or private cloud services (AWS, GCE, OpenStack, etc.)
- Extensive experience in web service deployments