Sr. Software Engineer - Fullstack
In order to be considered, candidates must be local to the Greater Seattle/ Puget Sound area. No H1B or visa candidates.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack, you will work as part of a collaborative Agile Scrum team, with a focus on constant learning and improvement. We generally iterate in two-week sprints and make time for feedback after every sprint through team retrospectives. Our teams strive to be cross-functional, and there are opportunities to extend your impact into new areas from time to time rather than being required to stick only to a specific skillset. We appreciate engineers who have great ideas to share and the desire to help us on the path to making those ideas a reality.
In this job, you will:
- Design and implement high-quality and highly scalable code to enable processing of large volumes of data, e.g. customer records, migration watermarks or statistics
- Design and implement new UI components, features, and applications
- Design, maintain, and develop RESTful web services to be consumed by UI applications
- Collaborate with DevOps to manage and improve upon our CI build and deployment pipeline
- Work with your Scrum team to plan sprints and delivery of features
- Review code change requests to identify potential improvements and to prevent errors, before approving and releasing the code
- Drive the design of major features within the engineering team, by leading design review meetings and ensuring that new features fit into the existing architecture
- Work closely with the UX and product owners to prioritize the features, synchronize on delivery by helping organizing tasks within the team and coordinating work with other teams
- This role may serve a as lead for team projects and initiatives. This includes but is not limited to mentoring other engineers, limited supervisory responsibility, project management and reviewing work of team members
- Independent driver / owner of high impact features or initiatives. May work with a small team to drive the relevant outcomes
We would love to speak with you if you have:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering focus
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- Solid understanding of React technologies
- Builds expertise in cloud, Azure and IT management to drive proof of concepts or new product ideas
- Experience developing sophisticated single-page applications using libraries/frameworks such as Ember.js, React, Vue.js, or Angular
- Experience working with server-side frameworks such as .NET MVC, Rails, Django, Express, etc.
- Experience developing and working with REST APIs
- Experience working with CSS pre-processors such as LESS, SASS, or Stylus
- Proficiency in at least one strongly typed object-oriented programming language (C#, Java, C++)
- Experience using Git for version control
- Deep knowledge of application design principles and design patterns
- Desire to work together to define requirements, and refine based on feedback received over the course of multiple iterations
- Ability and desire to bring ideas to the table and collaborate to solve problems
- History of practicing and promoting good software development practices
- Passion for learning and improvement, and a desire to share what you have learned with those around you
Extras that will give you an edge:
- Experience working in a start-up environment?
- Email technology expertise (e.g. email routing, email migration, anti-spam, etc.)
- Experience with 1+ cloud platform (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud). Azure certification would be a plus
- Experience with cloud tools (Docker, Terraform, Chef, Ansible)
- Knowledge of SQL database / query optimization
- Familiarity with network protocols, DNS, email systems, etc.??
- Site reliability or DevOps experience
Bring your experience, your talent, your creative energy, and meet a diverse group of people who work together and build software that aims for the cloud. We have a unique culture that is collaborative, customer centric, professional, and encourages hard work with a layer of fun that keeps us in balance. Join the team that makes a positive impact on the future of IT services automation… you’re going to love it!