Sr. Software Engineer - Java
Our company helps find you the best ride from point A to B. We not only help you compare the ride options but it is also a discovery platform for finding new, convenient and amazing options that are right for you.
Founded in 2016, now with more than 70k users in North America, the company has raised a Series A round from venture and strategic partners in the US, Europe and Asia and is set to grow rapidly in the Mobility as a service (MaaS) space.
You will be driving core technology of the backend systems for the product and will partner with our engineers, designers, analysts and others in the company to onboard new transportation provider products to our growing set of customers. In short, your charter is to build a modular, scalable, secure platform for rapid integration with new ride companies and take our product to the next level of growth. In this role you will report to Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
What You'll Do:
- Design, build, and integrate web services and APIs to support client requests for discovering and hailing rides.
- Work closely with product and the client dev teams to build robust backend solutions quickly.
- Willingness to coach, pair with, and mentor junior engineers in design and implementation.
- Ability to solve architecture challenges when integrating new partners around authentication, authorization, caching, reporting, sessions and other service tier needs.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to an ever changing landscape of technology, open source solutions, and technical strategies.
- Measure and monitor performance of these changes, both qualitatively and quantitatively, in service to iteration and further improvement and growth.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in software engineering for web services.
- Strong understanding of distributed computing and REST Architecture.
- 2+ years with with cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- 2+ years working with scaled database or nosql stores.
- Strong understanding of continuous integration with various testing layers and version control built in.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies such as: XP, TDD, Scrum, DSU, the planning game a plus.
- Relishes generating and soliciting ideas, identifying options and tradeoffs, and dealing with ambiguous and difficult problems.
- Focused on outcomes, iteration speed over perfection, and delivers results individually and through collaboration.
- Communicates effectively with audiences both technical and non-technical.