Sr. Software Engineer - Java/NoSQL/Cloud - #7649459
Sr. Java SDE – 12 month contract
Our client in Seattle provides centralized technology services for major brands such as ESPN, ABC, Marvel, Parks & Resorts and more. Specifically our Messaging Products enable marketing and communication tools across the family of companies through multiple channels including PUSH, SMS, E-Mail, inbox, Web Sockets, and more. Imagine yourself working on a product that can PUSH to 250k mobile phones in less than a second or connect to 1M web browsers all at once.
What you’ll need:
• Understanding architectural vision and how it helps meet business objectives
• Analyzing user stories and participating in sprint planning, scrums, demos and retrospectives
• Accountable for uptime and high-availability for all solutions
• Accountable for performance and usability in all solutions
• Coordinating with Architecture group on new designs and foundational / infrastructural application changes
• Integrating web & mobile application code with back-end services
• Understanding the need for optimized / customized mobile service responses / payloads
• Developing back-end services
• Streamlining NoSQL DB queries and optimizing interservice commonets to optimize sub second transactions
• Negotiating and adjusting requirements by collaborating with internal business partners
• Learning new technologies when required
• Performing peer code reviews for immediate and related teams
• Understanding of continuous integration / continuous delivery concepts and the ability to troubleshoot related issues
• Providing architectural direction on behalf of the architecture team
• Java development skills with a proven record of creating commercial quality software.
• Strong knowledge of unit testing, behavioral testing and continuous integration
• Expert knowledge of NoSQL DB Technologies such as Mongo, Redis, and Cassandra
• Expert level knowledge: Object Oriented Programming
• Expert understanding of Computer Science Fundamentals.
• Experience working in AWS and/or Google cloud environments
• Disciplined approach to software development. Includes defining and enforcing engineering best practices.
• Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Strong application performance / tuning skills
• 5 or more years industry experience in designing, developing, implementing, or supporting software applications.
• 3 or more years working in an operations or application support environment
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience