Sr. Software Engineer - NodeJS/AWS/Back-End
Headquartered in Irvine, California, we are America’s #1 Smart TV and Sound Bar Company! We strive to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at THE most affordable price. Our promise to you is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers.
Our Seattle office is a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment that primarily focus on our SmartCast product line. You will own various components of the SmartCast platform customer experience. This position requires a passion to push the envelope and to innovate new solutions that are ahead of the industry.
As a Senior software engineer on our Platform Team, you will help design, build and improve applications that power and support our SmartCast platform. Along with the above primary focus there will be additional responsibilities of handling the architecture of build and deployment infrastructures along with any internal tools required for these experiences.
You will be expected to collaborate with designers, product managers, program managers, fellow team members, and vendors. You are self-driven and pragmatic, with an ability to execute in an agile environment. You will have the ability to have a strong influence on the overall SmartCast product by pushing best practices and delivering quality code to our consumers.
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Expertise in one or more object-oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C#, C++) and the eagerness to learn more!
- Experience with NodeJS framework
- Experience with cloud solutions on AWS or GCP (lambda, SNS, Gateways, app engine, etc)
- Experience with deploying production web/cloud services.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
- Masters in Computer Science
- Experience with building and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Experience with databases such as DynamoDB, Cassandra or BigTable.
- Experience with container orchestration tool (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos or ECS)