Sr. Software Engineer - Roku
** Fully Remote Opportunity - Applicants can sit anywhere in the US**
We’re looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our client's Connected Devices team. If you have experience working with Roku and other connected devices, please apply. Top requirements for this role are BrightScript and SceneGraph. This will be a hands-on role where you’ll be successful by: providing input on architectural direction on the Roku platform; participating in all aspects of the agile software development process. As a contributor on the team, you’ll be expected to write code, participate in code reviews, and own tasks and projects to their completion.
- Deliver high-quality, high-performance, scalable code
- Participate in architectural design sessions and data optimizations to produce a fast, scalable product on the Roku platform.
- Ensure high quality code is delivered. This includes monitoring app crashes, memory usage, and product quality; and participate in issue resolution.
- Participate in automated quality assurance phase of the development cycle.
- Participate in day-to-day support of project initiatives including: participation in sprint planning, team retrospectives, code reviews, and user interviews.
- Assist in implementation of effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field from an accredited college or university, or commensurate experience
- Experience: 5+ years in an engineering contributor role.
- Expert understanding of Roku UI design, implementation best practices, and performance optimizations.
- Experience shipping Roku applications and you are up to date on the current state of the Roku ecosystem
- Strong knowledge of BrightScript and SceneGraph
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and platforms (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Heroku) is a plus.
- Knowledge of large scale application architecture, design, implementation and performance tuning.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.