Sr SQL Server Database Administrator
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: 4 Months Contract
· Primarily MSSQL Server Powershell scripting, MSSQL engineering, deployment and support of MSSQL database technology.
· Production Support of MSSQL Systems 24*7, Flexible to
· Support Database Administration and Engineering in the architecture, design, development and deployment, and management of Microsoft SQL database environments. This includes the advanced to expert engineering and implementation of the following:
· Collaborate with all interested parties, gather requirements and provide recommendation for database standards.
· Provide technical expertise to design the most efficient and cost-effective solutions for Microsoft SQL Servers.
· Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain MSSQL databases in production and non-production environments.
· Work closely with other Infrastructure operations and engineering, product development, business operations, and technical operations to ensure delivery of database services within the SLA's and performance target set.
· Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms.
· Implementation/Support of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions, replication, encryption, and disaster recovery solutions.
· Manage, support and maintain Microsoft SQL Server database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies.
· Database administration for off the shelf and internally developed applications, ensure continuous 24x7 operation and availability in support of mission critical business applications and participating in on-call.
· Regular database capacity planning and archival solution related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis, predictive future database resource requirements, and the structured organized reporting of the same.
· Provide DBA support for enterprise monitoring, backup, alerting, and security compliance solutions for SQL servers.
· Participate in the evaluation, selection and implementation of DBA tools to improve the effectiveness of tasks such as performance monitoring and tuning, recovery, and database change management processing.
· Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of database issues.
· Write/maintain PowerShell scripts for DB automation and application maintenance.
· Advance experience with automation of managerial and repetitive DBA tasks.
· Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
· Bachelors/Degree in Computer Science or other technology field is a must.
· 8-10 years of DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
· Strong knowledge and extensive experience with Microsoft SQL server technologies (all core areas: SSMS, SQL clustering, Data Synchronization, Encryption, Partitioning, Performance, Security, SSAS, SSIS and SSRS configuration) is mandatory.
· Sound knowledge of all windows and SQL utilities; strong PowerShell knowledge and experience is a plus.
· Solid understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
· Solid knowledge in database replication technologies including Always-on, GoldenGate, etc. and strong architectural/engineering skills to design systems that meet various applications High Availability and Disaster Recovery requirements.
· Have good experience in engineering processes supporting repetitive or frequent tasks in database administration or deployment.
· Solid understanding and experience in maintain MSSQL technology lifecycle, and automation of MSSQL deployment.
· Good engineering skills in developing enterprise solutions to support MSSQL in areas like backup, monitoring/alerting, security compliance, patching, etc.
· Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
· Demonstrate ability to solve complex systems and database environment issues.
· Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
· A good team player, leader, flexible, share knowledge, help others, collaborate well within and outside the team.
· Work experience in a Financial Institute will be preferred.