Sr. System Engineer / System Engineer
Job Title: Sr. System Engineer / System Engineer
Location: Greenwich Street NYC, NY 10007
Duration: Contact to hire or Direct Hire
- We are seeking highly collaborative, creative and intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about Virtualization, Active Directory, DNS, on-premise high-performance computing environments and be a team-player for implementing multi-cloud computing capabilities.
- Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced DevOps environment.
- This role will report to the VP of Infrastructure.
A Day in the Life Will Likely Include:
- Your ability to work in a fast paced, highly matrix environment to achieve group goals
- Your desire and aptitude for learning new technologies
- Your aptitude for building modern scalable/resilient architectures
- Your willingness to partner effectively with your technology business partners
- You will develop software and tooling to secure and automate high-compute infrastructure and software delivery capabilities.
- You are energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships across a multitude of stakeholders in a fast paced, multi-directional work environment.
- You have exceptional analytical skills, able to apply expertise to drive complex, technical and highly commercial solutions.
Sounds good? What You’ll Need to Land this Job:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related focus, or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge implementing and managing Microsoft and third party patch deployment, application packaging and delivery
- Positive, pro-active approach to systems and people
- 3+ Years Windows Active Directory experience
- 3+ Years VMWare vCenter / ESX
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot Windows/VMWare server performance and stability issues
- Proficiency and experience implementing and maintaining Microsoft Server Operating Systems & Active Directory architecture
- Management and support of backups and disaster recovery
- Ability to work with Linux at more than a basic level
- Develop shell scripting and automation of repetitive administrative tasks
- Administration of NAS storage
- Ability to research and troubleshoot custom software / networking issues as required
- Windows File security, permissions and auditing. Data collection and analysis (FIM, SEIM)
- Advanced DNS Administration and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of network hardware, protocols, and standards, including TCP/IP, firewalls, and routing
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow process for compliance
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively, resolve issues and prepare status reports
- Ensure system uptime and availability meet defined SLAs for systems maintained